I want to welcome you to my website. My name is Pete and my website on garbage disposal is the place to be if you want some information that is direct, clear and without lies! I take my job serious and the fact that you are reading this now means that you take garbage disposals seriously too.
I have been involved in the kitchen appliance industry for years and I believe I know more than your normal guy. My colleague Sam helped me put together this website about everything you need to know on garbage disposers.
Which Disposer is the right one for you?
I made a list of things that you have to take into consideration if you have to pick a model with the right features to fit you. Here it is:
- Batch Feed or Continuous Feed? If you place safety first then the batch feed model is the right one.
- Grind Stages. The more stages your disposer has for grinding, the finer it will chop your waste before disposing it into your septic tank. So keep in mind what kind of waste you want to dispose.
- Noise is the thing most people are worrying about. Make sure your disposer is insulated well.
- Price, size and the type of waste are all factors to consider when buying a waste disposal system.
Overall winner: The InSinkErator Evolution Excel is outstanding when you look at durability and strength. It costs a little more than others, but it is the best out there.
Value: You may not be able to believe this, but you can get excellent garbage disposals for around $150.
Top Batch-Feed: If you are someone who loves a clean kitchen that is safe, this disposer is for you. They are usually more expensive, but the InSinkErator is great value for money.
Power Garbage Disposals (3/4 Hp etc)
- Best Value: The InSinkErator succeeded in producing the compact disposal unit for under $200 and it is great value for what you pay.
- Best Budget 3/4 HP Food Waste Unit: This is not the premium InSinkErator Evolution, but it has 3/4 Horsepower and gets great reviews.
1/2 Hp Garbage Disposals
- Best 1/2 Hp Garbage Disposal: This is ideal for light organic waste and a few bones from time to time.
- This 1/2 horsepower Waste King L-1001 costs less than $65!
Brands on our Site
I guess all of you are aware of the Waste King and InSinkEvator. They have been around for ages.
But I like to investigate the smaller brands and you will see that I have reviewed some models like Whirlaway, General Electric and Kitchen Aid.
More info, hints and tips
But what if you don’t want to buy a new one and you are having problems with the disposer you have? If you want know how to replace/install the garbage disposal, you can search the internet and see how easy it is.
Once your unit is installed, you have to remember that maintenance is key. Keep it clean otherwise your kitchen will have a bad smell and there may be bacteria.
So what are the 5 best Garbage Disposals around?
It is really hard to pick, but the 5 best are:
- InSinkErator Evolution Excel – this unit is for the big household with a lot of waste.
- Waste King A1SPC Knight – despite quality, this model has the best warranties, durability and power.
- Waste King L-2600 – has 0.5 horsepower excellent warranties; perfect for tough waste and not too expensive at around $75.
- Waste King L-3300 – no more rusting! It has in-home warranties and it is affordable at $100.
- General Electric GFC520V – they have been around for ages and this model offers great capacity.
For most of us garbage disposers are simply an appliance in the kitchen which has to do the job. We only take note of it when something goes wrong. And in most cases it is because it was not taken care of.
This is why I have decided to give you all the information you need to pick the right one!