I love reviewing kitchen appliances to make it easier for you to make your pick. Most people rely on Google when they want to know more about items. Just like you are doing now! But the internet does not always answer all your questions.
For instance, the General Electric GFC520V 1/2 horsepower garbage disposal unit does not cost a lot, which is an advantage. But the reviews are confusing. Let’s look into that.
Some people find it easy to install and others do not. Here are a few things to keep in mind when installing:
- Rather get someone to help you (like a technician) when you do not have the knowledge to do it yourself.
- If an instruction is unclear, ask a professional.
- If you are replacing your existing model with the GFC520V, rather get someone to do it for you.
- If you want to do the installation yourself, please read our article on replacement and installation.
The General Electric GFC520V
This model works like a dream – you switch it on, open the tap and put your waste in the sink.
- Construction: Stainless steel was used in the manufacturing of the swivel blades to prevent jamming. It also has a splash guard that can be removed.
- Space: Many customers complain about machines taking up a lot of space under the sink. This model is only 12,5 inches high and 5,5 inches wide, so it really does not take up a lot o space.
- More advantages: the model has a 1/2 horsepower motor and a 2800rpm grinding action, so vibration as well as sound is really limited. It has a big capacity so it is perfect for large households with a lot of waste to dispose.
Amazon often has special offers, so it is worth it to check for prices there.
Easier to install models include the Waste King models L-1001 and L-2600 – both great alternatives to this one as it compares good when it comes to price, power and capacity. They are easier to install too!